Patent Foramen Ovale Closure (PFO)
CardioSeal Closure is used to close Patent Foramen Ovale (a hole in the heart).
- Do not smoke 24 hours prior to the procedure.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before the test.
- Consult with us regarding which medications to continue to take the evening before the test.
- If you are a diabetic, have renal insufficiency, or a potential iodine dye allergy, please notify this office at (940) 312-6262.
Let the staff know immediately if you experience any symptoms during the procedure such as:
- Shortness of Breath
- Back Pain
- Chest Discomfort
Let the staff know immediately if you experience any symptoms after the procedure such as:
- Bleeding or wetness at the cath site
- Pain or numbness
- A knot at the site larger than a small marble