- Do not eat or drink four hours before the test.
- Do not take any medications the morning of your appointment.
- Do not smoke the day of your test.
- Please bring a list of all medications you are currently taking, including the dose.
- If you are diabetic and on Insulin, you may take half of your Insulin dose since you will not be eating breakfast unless otherwise ordered by your physician. If you are taking diabetes pills, do not take your morning dose.
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothes such as shorts, slacks or sweatpants and walking or exercise shoes.
We will obtain a brief history emphasizing your current symptoms and pertinent family history. A sonographer, physician, nurse, exercise physiologist or medical assistant will monitor your condition at all times. We take pictures of your heart before and immediately after the exercise test and then compare the two.
Let the staff know immediately if:
- You are feeling discomfort in your chest such as burning, aching or tightness or you are feeling weak, nauseated, dizzy or exhausted.
- You need to slow down or stop.